Monday 29 April 2013

Studio Visit: Big Fish, London



This is one the studios I wanted most to work for, I love their work and insodently some of their packaging designs I have loved and taken notice of long before I knew that it was Big Fish who designed them, for example the packaging for Dorset Cerials and the Gu (branding and packaging range). I had arranged to meet Pernille at 3 and to have a look through my portfolio. I found out that she had been an intern at one point and had managed to secure a job from it. Big Fish have roatating interns over the year for 1-2 weeks each. The company itself is quite large (about 50 people) but there were lots of different sections. They had a whole different room / area for the web designers (about 15 - 20 people). The studio itself was amazing, very open and overlooking the Thames. There were about 10 actual designers, a different area for photoraphy and meeting rooms. Incredible space and just made me want to work there even more! I showed her my portfolio then for the remaining half an hour we talking g about design and the type of stuff I am into and what Big Fish does. This is definitely the type and size of studio / company that I want to be working for, I did let her know that I really wanted to be able to secure a place as an intern at some point over the summer.

She asked me to email her the dates that I was around over the summer, this was the email I got back from her.



Below are some of the amazing work that Big Fish have done.






No comments:

Post a Comment