Monday 29 April 2013

Studio Visit: Et-Al, Oxford

Being in Oxford it is very close to where I live. Etal is a small but very well established design studio run by Phil Cleaver. He showed me his portfolio and a couple of designs that he was currently working on (which was a huge library of design in their meeting room, incredible work and such a large range! I ended up staying there for over an hour and a half!  It was fascinating hearing all bout his work, carrer, and how he got to where he is today. Overall it went really well and he really liked my portfolio as well has giving me tips and advice for future and in my work.

He also mentioned that one should never leave an interview / studio visit without getting at least on more contact (something that John has also said to us), and Phil said that when I have finished my course and I have finished my portfolio that he is going to put me in contact with some one at Pentagram! extremely exiting. 

At the end of the meeting he offered me an internship there over the summer. He said that he likes interns to work for at least 4 weeks so they have time to work on a whole project and also so they have something to add to their portfolio. So I am going to do at least 4 weeks there, starting July 8th and see how it goes!

These are the emails;


This is some of the work that Et-Al have done;










No comments:

Post a Comment